Application instructions for
Tail light kits
Fog light kits
--> Ideal application temperature is 65 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
--> Do not bend pieces back and forth as this causes the adhesive to wrinkle when applying.
PREPERATION & CLEANING:
--> For proper adhesion, clean all surfaces with Isopropyl alcohol.
--> Use a clean, lint-free cloth to cleanse the application area. Allow to air dry. Make sure all oil and residues have been removed prior to application.
1. House of Grafx film tint can be applied dry onto fog lights and smaller headlights.
2. For large lights - Spray a very light amount of water solution onto the lense & liberally spray the outside of the film.
3. Align and apply film to one side or center of the light area using the handling tabs on the side of the kit.
4A. For large flat lights - Use a squeegee, press down/squeegee the film with smooth sweeping motions from left to right. Do this across the remainder of the light. If large bubbles are present, peel the film up to that area and apply again. Film is very forgiving which allows you to pull and reapply numerous times if not satisfied with the results. This can only be done upon initial installation, before the curing process
4B.For large Convex lights- Using a plastic squeegee, apply the very center of the film first. Apply the remainder of the film by moving in a spiral or circular motion working from the center outwards towards the edge of the light. The key to positive results is distributing the film evenly so that wrinkles either do not occur or are manageable. Film is very forgiving, which allows you to pull up and reapply numerous times if not satisfied with results. This can only be done upon initial installation, before the curing process.
*Note* warming the film with a heat gun or blow dryer can help aid in molding the film around any difficult, curved areas.
5. Remove the handling tabs using a cutting instrument.
6. Allow film to dry for a minimum of 30 minutes and carefully wipe off any excess solution. If all moisture has not been properly removed from under the film some fogginess may occur. This is completely normal! Film is breathable and porous - cloudiness/fog will evaporate with a few days to a few weeks. Depending on film thickness and sunlight/heat exposure. Any surface texture, scratches, or ripples will also disappear during the curing process!
Graphics can be cleaned with most commercial grade car wash soaps. Keep high pressure car wash nozzles at least 18 inches from the edge of graphics when washing your vehicle. Do not use "aromatic" solvents such as acetone, paint thinner, lacquer, M.E.K, or toluene on your graphics! We do not recommend applying wax on the graphics especially if the wax contains petroleum distillates. Be sure to read the warning notices that may apply to vinyl graphics.